Mandela for Wisconsin Campaign
Position: Finance Director
Location: Madison, WI (remote during COVID-19 work restrictions)
The Mandela for Wisconsin campaign seeks a Finance Director. This is a full-time position based in Madison, Wisconsin with regular travel both around Wisconsin and across the country. However, with current work and travel restrictions surrounding COVID-19, this position will be working remotely until further notice.
Born and raised in Milwaukee, Mandela Barnes serves as Wisconsin’s 45th Lieutenant Governor. He serves as the nation’s youngest statewide elected Democrat and became the first African American to serve as Lieutenant Governor in Wisconsin after joining Tony Evers to beat Scott Walker in November 2018.
Lt. Governor Barnes uses a platform of sustainability and equity to fight for solutions that invest in opportunities and fairness for every child, person, and family in Wisconsin, regardless of zip code.
Lt. Governor Barnes has garnered a national profile throughout his two years serving in statewide office. He has established himself as a highly sought after surrogate for premier candidates and elected leaders, national political figures, prominent progressive organizations, and state-level grassroots events alike.
Ideal candidates for this position will have at least two cycles of campaign fundraising experience, the proven capacity to work independently, a demonstrated ability to perform detail-oriented work, and a commitment to equity, inclusivity, diversity, and progressive values.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Oversee basic day-to-day operations and current campaign staff (Finance & Political Assistant)
- Write and implement a financial plan that outlines income by tool and by month with measurable goals
- Build relationships with Wisconsin and national donors and supporters
- Cultivate and solicit major gifts
- Represent the campaign in conversations with consultants and other campaigns
- Manage digital fundraising program
- Oversee donor research
- Establish a daily reporting tool for all pledges and income generated by the finance staff, surrogates, and the candidate
- Ensure timely entry of all acceptable contributions into fundraising database
- Manage and staff call time program
- Facilitate the approvals of electronic and printed fundraising materials.
- Work with the Lt. Governor’s scheduling team for his fundraising schedule
- Recruit and supervise campaign interns
- Ensure legal and reporting requirements are met
- Other duties as assigned
- Salary range: $5500 - $7500 monthly, based on experience.
- Generous benefits package
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with subject line “Finance Director”.
Qualified people of all races, ethnicities, ages, sex, genders, sexual orientations, national origins, gender identities, marital status, religions, veterans statuses, and disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity workplace, The Mandela for Wisconsin campaign is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.